Tag: Foreign

USCIS Announces Extension of Parole for Immediate Relatives of U.S Citezens

USCIS Announces Extension of Parole for Immediate Relatives of U.S. Citizens

Release Date: 

CNMI — To allow immediate relatives of U.S. citizens and certain “stateless” individuals to maintain legal status in the CNMI, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has extended the parole program for these relatives, effective immediately, until December 31, 2018.

To apply for extension of this parole, you must:

  • Reside in the CNMI;
  • Be an immediate relative, which for purposes of this parole program means you are the legal spouse, unmarried child under 21, or parent (regardless of the age of your child) of a U.S. citizen; and
  • Have been previously granted parole.

Your request for extension of parole must include:

  • A letter from you, the immediate relative (or from the U.S. citizen family member if the immediate relative is a child who is too young to complete the parole request package). The letter must:
    • Ask for an extension of parole;
    • Explain under what relationship you are requesting this parole (such as parent, spouse, child); and
    • Note whether you have been arrested or convicted of any crime since your last request.
  • Form G-325, Biographic Information, that you completed within the past 30 days
  • A copy of your I-94;
  • A copy of any Employment Authorization Document (EAD) that you received; and
  • A copy of your passport (only if a new one was issued since you last applied for parole).

There is no fee for this extension request. We recommend that you keep a copy of all documents. Seal all the above items in one envelope and clearly write on the outside of the envelope:

  • Your name;
  • The expiration date of your current parole.

You can make an appointment for your parole extension request at the USCIS office on Saipan, or you can mail your request to:

770 East Sunset Boulevard, Suite 185
Barrigada, Guam 96913

This parole extension will allow the immediate relative to lawfully remain with the U.S. citizen in the CNMI, but parole does not authorize employment. Immediate relatives must, as before, obtain an EAD by submitting Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, or obtain work authorization as a CW-1 CNMI-Only Transitional Worker or in another employment-based nonimmigrant status under federal immigration law.

This announcement does not extend to anyone other than the immediate relatives of U.S. citizens and certain “stateless” individuals. USCIS may grant parole on a case-by-case basis based on the individual circumstances and has exercised parole authority on a case-by-case basis in the CNMI since 2009 for special situations.

USCIS is the agency within the Department of Homeland Security that is responsible for immigration benefits.